Welcome to Anna and Andrew's Home Page
Please click on an image or follow this link to find out more about 'Us'
Wishing all Visitors to this page a very Happy & Peaceful Christmas 2016
Thursday, 17th December 2016
Happy 95th Birthday Anne 'Angelique' Golon
Tuesday, 8th December 2016
Happy 80th Birthday Barbara 'Biba' Hulanicki
6th December - St Nicholas
30th November 2016
St. Andrew's Day
- St Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland
- St Andrew is celebrated on 30 November
- St Andrew’s Day is a day to celebrate Scottish culture, food and dance
- St Andrew’s flag is the flag of Scotland The flag is in the form of a white X on a blue background and is commonly known as The Saltire
- St Andrew's Societies celebrate Scottish culture around the world
- Scotland is one of the few countries to have one of Christ’s disciples as their patron saint
- St Andrew was one of the Twelve Apostles (disciples of Jesus) and brother of St Peter
- St Andrew is believed to have died on a diagonally transversed cross which the Romans sometimes used for executions and which, therefore, came to be called St Andrew’s Cross
- St Andrew’s Day is connected with Advent, which begins on the first Sunday after November 26
- St Andrew’s Day marks the beginning of Scotland’s winter festivals.
11th November 2016
In Flanders' Fields
John McCrae, 1915
In Flanders' fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place: and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders' fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe;
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high,
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders' Fields.
National Black Cat Day
Singapore 2016 WTA Finals
Best Newcomer - October 2016
Congratulations to British Tennis Player - Johanna Konta
9th October 2016
Agnieszka wins her second China Open
Triumph and Sorrow for Poland
RIP - Andrzej Wajda - 6th March 1926 - 9th October 2016
End of the Line 04.10.2000
Farewell Classic Mini - 4th October 2000
Aga qualifies for Singapore
New Haven triumph for Aga
All the returning 'Team GB' medallists on 'VictoRIOus'
Wimbledon - 2016 Brits triumphant!
Nice to see more than one British triumph!
24th June 2016 - the Nation voted OUT!
Have we set ourselves adrift?
21st April 2016 - H.M. Elizabeth II - 90th Birthday
16th April 2016 - Happy 70th Birthday Big Sis!
Tuesday, 22nd March 2016
Pray for Belgium
29th February 2016 / 18th March 2016
Nominated for 'Oddest Book Title of the Year' Award / Wins Nomination
7th January 2016 - 'We are Charlie' one year on ...
Monday 16th November 2015
'Fluctuat nec mergitur' - the city's Latin motto, 'Tossed but not sunk'
Friday 13th November 2015
Agnieszka Radwanska - in Nottingham June 2015
Anne Golon - April 2015 - enjoying the Manga of her Angélique
This web-site is constantly under review and still being constructed or updated so do please keep visiting to see what is new you never know what you might discover! Try the 'What's New' links here - Aga / Angelique / WKB